Enrollment Requirement for J1 or F1 Visa Holders

2020-2021 Plan Year

The University requires you to be enrolled in the Premier Plan upon registering in specific credit hour and degree course work. The charge for the Plan is a required fee on your student account. Exceptions will be considered if you are covered under an employer or embassy group plan that meets the University’s Requirements, or if due to Fall 2020 COVID policies you are studying in your home country.

To waive because you are studying in your home country in the Fall of 2020 due to studying virtually under COVID policies, complete the applicable questions on the Student Health Insurance Acceptance or Waiver Form and upload a copy of your international coverage documentation. If approved, next Spring you will be charged for Spring coverage and required to accept or waive, again, during the Spring Open Enrollment period.

To request a standard exception, complete the applicable Student Health Insurance Acceptance or Waiver Form and, per the last question, upload a copy of your Certificate of Coverage issued by your insurance company.  The Certificate of Coverage must indicate that your plan meets the University’s requirements; is not an excluded plan; and, that your group employer or group embassy plan includes the provisions below.

  • Covers medical evacuation and repatriation to your home country at 100%
  • Has a deductible not to exceed $500 per illness or injury

Graduating this December as a J1 or F1 Visa Holder?